Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Floor Joists and Beam Repair Review

Marlene H.
Noblesville, IN 
 
Category: 
Structural Engineering
 
Services Performed: 
Yes

Hire Again: 
Yes
 
Approximate Cost: 
$6,000.00
 
Home Build Year: 
1977
 
Description Of Work: 
I have lived in my house for seven years and my floor was uneven and had a large bump. When my cat ran through the room, the floors shook!  I had been in the crawlspace several times myself to access the damage. There was no moisture barrier and all of the vents were open year round.  As a DYIer, I was looking into doing the work myself,  I decided I had to hire an expert for a job that major.  I do not like hiring contractors, number one because I don't trust them and number two they charge so much. I needed my main beam, some sill plates and several floor joists replaced as well as a moisture barrier laid.  I got several estimates and chose American Basement Solutions. My reasons for hiring them is because it is a family business, Larry Jr. was very informative and honest with the work that needed to be done and the price was right.  After all was said and done I had 16 floor joists replaced 24 feet of main beam replaced, 20 feet of sill plate replaced and three additional piers installed.They also laid the moisture barrier that I had purchased three years ago to do myself and never did. I am going to tape the seams of the moisture barrier and install the moisture barrier on the walls myself as well as close the vents off and place the underground drain pipes from the gutters.

Member Comments: 
The job took three days and I was there on day one and three.  The  first and second day Aaron, Josh and Daniel were working, on day three Larry Jr, Josh and Daniel were there and Aaron came by between some appointments to help out. The guys were GREAT!  They took time to answer all of my questions and explain to me how to encapsulate the crawlspace and run underground drains for my downspouts to draw moisture away from the house so I could do it myself to save money.  The guys were very professional and only took a couple of breaks. They didn't even take a lunch break on day three and they were here for over 6 hours! The job is done very well and looks so nice. I was down there with them on day three watching and learning. There is no way i could have done this myself. THANK YOU to the team for your hard work and attention to detail. The job site is completely clean and you can't tell I had anything done from the outside. Too bad I can't show it off!!! I cannot say enough good things about this company!

Page Of Happiness Nominee

OverallA
PriceA
QualityA
ResponsivenessA
PunctualityA
ProfessionalismA
Additional Questions Answered when completing this review
How much did the final cost compare to the original estimate? right on
How does the value of the work compare to the price? I got more than my money's worth
How far in advance did you schedule the work? within a week
Did you find the company through Angie's List? no
If no, what was the other source? Internet search
Why did you choose this contractor? other, Family owned and run and honesty
Have you used this company before? this is the first time I've used this company
What did you like most about this contractor? The team
What did you like least about this contractor? None
What surprises came up during the course of the work? None
What words of advice would you give other members considering this contractor? HIRE THEM!
What words of advice would you give this contractor? Keep up the good work
This is your space. Feel free to give us your two cents ... or quote your favorite movie? Wherever you go there you are

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post your website as a link if you are not going to link back to ours from your website.