Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How to have a dry basement

Are you tired of waking up at night during the rain and worrying about your wet basement? Do you panic when you are on vacation and you hear that back home there was a storm? Are you tired of squeegeeing water over to your sump at 3 in the morning? Is your back in pain from emptying all of those buckets of water from the dehumidifier? Are you embarrassed to bring anyone into your basement because of the smell? Do not fear any longer, you can achieve a dry basement.....

So you want to know how to have a dry basement. The answer really depends on your individual home, layout, grading, soil type, foundation type, etc... There is not just a "one size fits all" approach to basement waterproofing, so trying to explain how you can dry your basement without seeing your home would be pointless. The amount of useless information on how to dry a basement on the internet is staggering. A professional should come to your home to inform you of the source of your water problem and give you a solution to remedy your basement of water. I am going to refer to our basement waterproofing site for the most common approach for most basements, but note that your basement might require something more or something less depending on all of the factors above. If you would like to explain your wet basement problem and have a professional respond, please visit our forum or leave a comment below.

If you live in Indiana, Western Ohio, Northern Kentucky, or Eastern Illinois, give us a call @ 1-877-409-2837 for a free evaluation. Don't worry, we will not send out a sleazy, high pressure salesman that will promise you the world. Our inspectors evaluate your basement's problems, and give you a written plan to solve your wet basement problems. No gimmicks, just a free evaluation and permanent solution. Give us a call today 1-877-409-2837 or visit our website @ www.americanbasementsolutions.com to sign up for a FREE CONSULTATION.

Thanks for reading the thoughts of a basement inspector,
Larry Ralph Jr.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    My Basement seems to be seeping water UP the walls. It is only on one side of the basement and it is slowly getting worse as time goes on. That musty smell is driving me crazy. Plus I notice white stuff on the walls. I'm scared it might be damaging to the foundation. I have read info on the intranet and I still don't know what to do. If I put a dehumidifier on some sites say it could make the problem worse. Yet it could help.... UGGHHH. I know I need to dig out my down spouts and funnal them further from the house. But I'm not sure that would be the answer. I recall the builder telling me that they hit ground water when they dug for the basement. Is it possible the water is seeping into the cinderblocks? Can this ever be fixed? Will I have to get a loan for $20K to fix it? I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    Call us at the office and we will help you, I would need more information to help you, so call us @ 1-877-409-2837

    ReplyDelete

Please do not post your website as a link if you are not going to link back to ours from your website.