Symptoms of Mold ExposureIt may be difficult to detect molds growing within the house, particularly if they are hidden behind walls and crawlspace. These are the following symptoms you or your family will most likely feel if you are exposed to mold:
• Nasal and sinus congestion coupled with a runny nose.
• Eye irritation such as itchy, red, and water eyes.
• Reparatory problems that can range from wheezing, difficulty with breathing, tightness in chest.
• Constant coughing fits which leads to throat irritation.
• Sneezing fits.
Controlling the Mold SituationAvoiding an excessive infestation can be done by following these simple suggestions:
• Keep the humidity level as low as possible.
• Ensure that your home is well ventilated.
• Fix leaks inside the house as not to provide moisture for the mold to grow.
• Clean up and dry your house with 24-48 hours after a flood.
• Clean bathrooms and other moisture prone areas with mold killing products.
These tips are useful to keep the mold under control, but if you have noticed that there is more mold than you can handle, call an expert in mold remediation as soon as possible. Don’t wait for the symptoms to start up, keep yourself and your family safe.